Sunday, August 9, 2009

When is loyalty a good thing?

Would you like it if somone stayed with you out of inerta? Do old bank acc pay best rates?



Can anyone think of one instance where loyalty is a good thing? It looks to me like an excuse for laziness and blind stupidity.



When is loyalty a good thing?horses for loan





Loyalty is a universal ethical and moral value. It is regarded among the finest of all human qualities; to be loyal is to be characteristically good and moral human being. Loyalties are universally valued and rewarded; whereas disloyalty condemned and punished most rigorously; work organisations, banks, institutions, communities, states and people all demand loyalty; the most fundamental of all human relations depend upon people staying loyal to one another.



However, a loyalty can easily turn into subservience before it breaking down altogether. When people get caught up in false sense of belonging they might never realise that they need to get themselves out. In the name of loyalty people can be controlled, manipulated and exploited. This also happens in the name of many other good things in life including charity, patriotism, goodness, faith and truth etc. We can see most obvious that a sense of loyalty may not be loyalty if it has no proper purpose attached; we can learn over time to stay attached to something just because so much of water has flown under the bridge, or things have always been like this. We seldom question things that we believe are generally good in life, after all it is good to stay loyal instead of having nothing at all.



In my personal views, however, the first loyalty of a person belongs to himself, or herself. This is the way we came into being, as individual selves, the need to learn to get together and stay together when we like. This is how we live and learn to be good; whatsoever the way we choose for ourselves, we stay the same. And this is where we recognise some purpose to our life; this is where we work out ways to realise our dreams and ambitions.



People who find religion for example find their purpose being realised through their beliefs in practice; they stay loyal to the core to their faith and in fact they assert their loyalty to them self in a very fine way. Similarly other people might find various other ways to be themselves, to be loyal to their life and the purpose or a cause they recognise. If one cannot be good and loyal in person then sense of loyalty cannot be fully realised.



When is loyalty a good thing?

loan



Could be - all forms and senses of goodness can be exploited, like love, sympathy, honesty, faith, trust; this is just what evil can d; it uses resources of goodness in human heart. All good things in the mind therefore should be properly realised and established. Report It

|||when ur a dog|||As long as a leader or mate doesn%26#039;t do anything to abrogate their responsibility, I should remain loyal to whatever agreement I made; marriage partner, retainer to liege lord, etc. Should I do this because it gains me something materially? No. I should do this for my own sense of self worth, so that I know MY word is worth something. MY WORD. I cannot expect loyalty unless I give it. And if you ask me if I want to live in a world without any loyalty, I say no.



However, if banks, dish soaps or other commodities or services try to play on my loyalties, I laugh. Because no bank has ever given me loyalty as their customer and how can a dishsoap possibly give loyalty. Loyalty is between people.|||its a matter of character and shows good standing. however, it can be counter-productive if the sense of loyalty will hurt you in the long run.|||there are all kinds of loyalty.



Loyalty between partners in a romantic relationship



Loyalty between business partners.



Loyalty between friends.



Loyalty to a brand.



Loyalty to a band!



Loyalty won%26#039;t last long after the romance has died - so inertia is unlikely to be a problem



Loyalty in business partnerships is crucial if you want to succeed - although later it may be more profitable to be disloyal



Loyalty between friends is what makes them friends



Loyalty to a brand may be a preference



Loyalty to a band kinda chooses you rather than you choosing them



Being loyal doesn%26#039;t mean stupid blind following, it%26#039;s not necessarily the most powerful emotion in a relationship, it%26#039;s not necessarily apathetic, it can be an active choice - but not without proviso%26#039;s and conditions



the oldest bank accounts may not always pay the best rates, but maybe they won%26#039;t go out of business or deny you access to your money



When is loyalty a bad thing?|||Loyalty can never be wrong but it can be misjudged. Blind loyalty and %26#039;loyal to a fault%26#039; are not complimentary at all.|||Loyalty is a good thing when the person or the cause you are loyal to are good enough to believe in until the end.



You%26#039;d be surprised how a good cause attracts many people, some of which are ready to sacrifice everything to see their ideals succeeded.|||Not always. Ive had a very difficult case with loyalty recently. Two of my very close friends have recently had a crush on the same guy however one of them becomes a little obsessive with any guy she likes aqnd started telling me stuff about this other girl and Mr. X on the understanding I didn%26#039;t tell anyone. What you have to understand however, is that the other lady in question is also a close friend of mine and I have been good friends with her since I was four. Although she liked Mr. X she was already in a stable relationship with her current boyfriend and has told me many times openly that she would never do anything to ruin that. So what was i supposed to do. Either way I would end up breaking my loyalty to one of them. If I told Miss W (friend since I was 4) what was being said I would have betrayed Miss Y%26#039;s (other friend) trust. However if things started snoballing with the rumours being spread there would be every chance that Miss W would loose her boyfriend. So it was a tough descision. However, I chose to be loyal to Miss W and told her and showed her exactly what had been said and in the meantime explained to Miss Y what I had done and exactly why I had done it. I understand that I could have lost Miss Y%26#039;s trust and I betrayed her loyalty however I was quite willing to be there for her when she needed me and she willingly accepted thus showing that I kept both loyalties, not out of laziness or blind stupidity, but from being the honest and neutral party.|||when you are loyal to what is right and do not change even though others around you are changeable and make up new ethics every other week then it is good.|||loyalty is only a good thing ,were nobody gets hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment