Friday, August 7, 2009

Can a car be returned to a lot?

I bought a used 2006 van last night and I was trying to get approved for a loan with the same bank that I have been financing with for the last 2 years. I was told that I was only approved for the same interest rate and that I needed to put way more money than I was down, I was able to put $1000 down. Anyways I ended up going with a different lender for an even higher interest rate and then called the bank I really wanted and had a history with to ask why the stipulations and no change in interest with all the good standing I have had and they told me I was actually approved for 2.25% lower interest rate than what I had before with NO stipulations. I called the dealer and now what, does anyone know my rights? If I need to can I return the car?



Can a car be returned to a lot?apply for a loan





This is a little confusing. Why do you want to return the car if your bank approved you for a good loan rate? Why not just stay with the other lender with the good rate?



If you have already signed all the papers for the car and the car is in your possession, you can%26#039;t return it unless the dealer is kind enough to let you. Of course, if you don%26#039;t yet have financing, the car still belongs to the dealer and he%26#039;ll want it back.



Can a car be returned to a lot?

loan



If you signed all the loan papers, by law, no you cannot unless there is stuff they need. Without proper papers ( stips ) and everything signed, the car is not technically yours until funding has been given to the dealer from the bank. Worse case, call the bank they put you through and tell them you won%26#039;t pay. They%26#039;ll deny the deal. Then go to your bank and get approved there. Then if you want the van still go work on price only. You%26#039;ll have your own financing. But if they have all they need for financing and the deal has been funded by the bank, then you are out of luck.



Did you sign everything?|||This is why you need to secure financing PRIOR to going car shopping. Dealers are crooks and they will do and say anything to rob you blind.



All the dealer has to do is meet all the terms (APR, downpayment, length of loan, etc) that%26#039;s listed in your contract. Only way you can back out is if they have to change the terms, at which time, you have the option to return the vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment