Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I just applied for a credit card and was approved. Can I cancel?

I was approved for a low interest rate, no annual fee Citi Bank credit card. But upon retrospect, I%26#039;m not totally sure if I really want it. Almost regret applying. It%26#039;s on its way to my house. If I don%26#039;t want it, do I just not activate it? Or do I have to call them up? Or What?



I just applied for a credit card and was approved. Can I cancel?finance





There is not card that makes you sign a contract that says you have to stay with them for a certain ammont of time. You can cancel a card at anytime. Just make sure you dont have a remaining balance from a perchase or from credit card fees. To find out simply call the number on the back and find out the balance if any and cancel. Make sure you shred you cut you card so it can no longer be used.



I just applied for a credit card and was approved. Can I cancel? loan



Canceling a card after you get it will hurt your credit. Just don%26#039;t use it. Or even better, make a very small charge (say 10 bucks in gasoline) once per month and pay it off every month. That will help to make your credit better than it already is.|||Call to make sure that you don%26#039;t have an obligation to have the account for a certain time period. It may be %26quot;no annual fee%26quot; if you keep the card and use it once a month, or something stupid like that.



Just tell them that you want to cancel it, and ask if there are any consequences to cancellation.|||if you have more than three credit cards, go ahead and call to cancel.



if not, just keep the card and don%26#039;t activate it.



why? for credit rating purposes.|||Yes you can , have they told you its life time free CC , than you can keep with you without any fee, If your CC got serv tax deduction than they will charge fee for cancellaing.|||your credit doesn%26#039;t get affected by Cancel it....when you get it you need to Call a 800....number to activate it...just Don%26#039;t Activate the card and cut it up and call them..tell Citi you don%26#039;t want a card at this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment