Friday, August 7, 2009

Can an dealership rescind a contract after the 10 period in CA?

I bought a new car over a month ago now. I was looking for a used car, but was lured into buying a new car, because they could meet the terms I wanted...



No Money Down



And the payment I wanted.



We signed the contract, and left with the car. A week or so later they want to sweeten the deal, I have to buy some add ons (a car alarm), they lower the interest rate and the payment. At that time they told me the bank approved me for the new rate etc.



THEN 15 days AFTER the second contact was signed they claim that the bank is going to require a down payment, and that I need to come back in to re-sign. I told them NO DEAL, I had a contact, it was past the 10 rescission rights period, and my contact is valid.



The next day they send a rescission of contact letter. I call the dealership, and tell them that is it invalid, read the contact, know the law. They apologized, and say they will %26quot;take care of it%26quot;.



Now I got a call from the bank, they say they need 1400 down. can they do that?!



Can an dealership rescind a contract after the 10 period in CA?boat loans





This is easy! Take the car back and tell them you expect a full refund. If the bank is changing the terms of the contract it is void. Meaning you never bought the car and all your money should refunded without question. Find a better dealership to deal with on your next vehicle.



In most cases if the dealership wants you to come back to do some bargining that means they had an error in their math and they short changed themselves. They want their money. This happen to my brother in law on and Audi TT. They screwed the numbers up and shorted themselves about $4000. He saw the error signed the papers and drove off. only to get a call 3 hours telling him he owed $4,000. He said sue me and hung up. They called him everyday politely asking if he would do the right thing and pay them the money and he refused. He told them all the years of getting screwed over by car dealers, it was nice to share in their joy of screwing people. I don%26#039;t blame him.



Can an dealership rescind a contract after the 10 period in CA?

loan



Thanks, They (the dealership) ended up having to pay $2,000 down. They were trying to skrew me and pressure me into paying, but in the end, THEY had to pay, and my payments went down.



Its nice to stick it to the man now and then :) Report It

|||Sounds kind of shady. Get in contact with the bank and give them a copy of the contract, and get a lawyer. Also check with the BBB to see if there any other complaints against this business.

No comments:

Post a Comment